Dozens of new and revised laws take effect in Illinois on Jan. 1, 2015.
Here are some of the highlights:
- E-Cigs – E-Cigarettes must be kept behind store counters and vapor refills must come in child-proof packaging.
- Increased speed limits – The speed limit on tollways and interstates increases to 70 miles per hour, 60 miles per hour for semis.
- Traffic stops – There will be no ticket quote for police, and your driver’s license will also not be held as bond anymore when issued a ticket.
- Pregnancy in the workplace – Pregnant women in the workplace must now be provided reasonable accommodations, including frequent bathroom breaks and time to pump.
- Homeowner damage disclosure – Those selling homes must now disclose any and all known door and window damage.
- Beer tax will now be extended to hard ciders.
- Medical marijuana for seizures – Children with seizures will now qualify for a medical marijuana oral-liquid to treat epilepsy.
Click here for a complete list of new Illinois, 2015 laws.