Let’s focus on what really matters.
Ok, let’s really focus on what matters the most this Thanksgiving season, the side dishes! Check out these amazing recipes that will make the Turkey obsolete next week…
1. Cornbread Dressing with Sausage and Fennel
If you use Jiffy instead of making your own cornbread, your secret will be safe with me. Get the recipe.
2. Parmesan-Crusted Butternut Squash Galette
There’s no reason to wait until after dinner for pie. Get the recipe.
3. Autumn Salad with Horseradish Vinaigrette
A beautiful mess of cauliflower, squash, beans, Brussels, pomegranate seeds over a pile of arugula. Get the recipe.
4. Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
5. Thyme Roasted Parsnips & Apples
Parsnips will probably always be underrated, but this might help their image problem a little. Get the recipe.
6. Collard Green Gratin
Everyone knows that greens are happiest when smothered in cheese and bread crumbs. Get the recipe.
7. Challah-Apple Stuffing
8. Yam Pudding with Bacon & Cinnamon Streusel
There’s just something about officially calling it a PUDDING instead of a casserole that’s Very Exciting. Get the recipe.
9. Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
The more stuff you can make without using the stove or oven, the less crazy you’ll feel. Get the recipe.
10. Rye, Kale, Mushroom & Pumpkin Seed Stuffing
This one makes an awesome vegetarian option if you use veggie stock instead of chicken. Get the recipe.
11. Potato & Celery Root Gratin with Leeks
A great use for the creepy, knobbly celeriac you got in your CSA last week. Get the recipe.
12. Shredded Brussels Sprout & Apple Salad
Fresh and healthy, but sweet enough to get your attention. Get the recipe.
13. Mashed Root Vegetables with Bacon Vinaigrette
Adding bacon: it never hurts. Get the recipe.
14. Roasted Broccoli with Pickled Shallots and Peanuts
It’s a broccoli party, and you’re invited!!! Get the recipe.
15. Pretzel Parker House Rolls
These little guys look so cozy in there it’s almost a shame to break up the family. Get the recipe.
16. Green Beans with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
The classy, from-scratch version of your favorite dump-and-mix casserole. Get the recipe.
17. Pretzel And Bacon Stuffing
Turning soft pretzels into stuffing (with bacon and mustard and beer!) is the kind of ingenuity this world needs more of. Get the recipe.
18. Brussels Sprouts & Hazelnut Gratin
Basically what would happen if you made mac ‘n’ cheese with Brussels instead of pasta. Get the recipe.
19. Whipped Potatoes with Horseradish
Sassier than your average mash. Get the recipe.
20. Creamed Spinach & Parsnips
Sounds like punishment, tastes like victory. Get the recipe.
21. Northern Spy’s Kale Salad
With cheddar, almonds, and delightful little chunks of roasted squash. Get the recipe.
22. Chipotle-Roasted Baby Carrots
If you find some pretty multicolored carrots at the farmers’ market, this is a lovely thing to do with them. Get the recipe.
23. Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout & Apple Stuffing
It’s kind of like every side in one. Modern convenience! Get the recipe.
25. Roasted Cauliflower with Olives & Herbs
So sophisticated. Get the recipe.
26. Baked Acorn Squash with Chestnuts, Apples & Leeks
This would also make a great main course for vegetarians. Get the recipe.
27. Simple Pumpkin Soup with Sesame & Garlic Kale Topping
Just because it’s traditional doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Get the recipe.
28. Creamless Creamed Corn with Mushrooms And Lemon
Pureeing part of the corn makes a creamy, dairy-free sauce. Get the recipe.
29. Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Everything you know you want. Get the recipe.