A French quadcopter fan has turned his self-built drone into the Millennium Falcon. The wannabe Han Solo, who goes by the name Olivier-FR on Reddit , created the skin for his flyer with $11 (€10) of foam and added $13 (€12) worth LED lights to the front and rear. Olivier’s drone is usually pretty speedy – he says it can do 90kph horizontal speed – but slows down to 30kph when its wearing its Millennium Falcon finery.
But wait, there’s more!
- First flight : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtXd1eiH-s
- 2nd flight : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvIU8i0khs
- The build for the quad itself is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2263855
- As reference, this is how this quad flies without the Falcon hull : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSIn9-xS_PA
- Next project, Tie Fighter : http://imgur.com/eNp60kZ